Shown with dovetailed aluminum jaw plates, included as standard equipment
What's included with the 5th generation Orange single station vise
Shown with OPTIONAL hardened jaw plates, sold separately
Shown with optional aluminum jaw blocks, SKU# 701-002, sold invidivually
Orange Fourth-Generation CNC Machine Vises
Fourth-generation vise with a dovetailed jaw interface as standard equipment. Compatible with CarveSmart™ dovetailed quick-change jaws as well as 1/2"-13 bolt-on jaws in a 3.875" x 0.9375" bolt hole pattern.
The deluxe single-station vises are identical to our dual-station vises, but without center jaws. You may purchase any of our center jaws separately to convert deluxe single-station vises into dual-station vises. No additional hardware is necessary.
- Master sliding jaws and carriers are made of Dura-Bar® cast iron (black oxided).
- Vise bodies and master center jaws are also made of Dura-Bar cast iron.
- Hardened bolt-on jaws and narrow center jaws are made of steel.
- Clamping force ratio: 600 lbs per 10-ft lbs torque
- Max recommended clamping force: 7200 lbs (120 ft lbs torque)
- Linearly consistent force-to-torque across the entire range, highly repeatable over time
- Two (2) sliding jaws with dovetail jaw integration
- Two (2) machinable aluminum dovetailed quick-change jaw plates
- Six (6) edge clamps (T-slot nuts and 1/2" or M12 hardware not included)
- Four (4) dowel pins, 0.4993" OD
Is a vise handle included?
The short answer is no. The sealed design of our carrier slide assembly makes it so that the main screw floats axially as the jaws open and close. The changing position of the screw's hex-end means that a typical vise handle won't work without extensions.
Instead, we recommend using a standard 1/2" ratchet handle with a 6-point, 3/4" socket, and appropriate extensions as necessary. For precision work, we recommend using a torque wrench for repeatable clamping and a breaker bar for unclamping. The maximum torque that can be applied to the vise screw is 120 lb-ft.Rapid repositioning of the jaws can be done with an 18-volt cordless impact driver (40 lb-ft maximum). Unlike other vises on the market with thrust bearings that are susceptible to brinnelling, our vises are bearing-free and thus able to withstand impact forces without any detrimental effects.